Here's how to remove a duplicate point of sale in your Google My Business account and how to report them from Google Maps:
From your Google My Business account
The indication "Duplicate Institution" is mentioned when the listing you want to add already exists in your account. If "Authorization required" is displayed, you must request ownership of the relevant record.
How to delete a local listing:
- Sign in to Google My Business
- Click on "Duplicate Locations" in "Account Summary"
- Go to the sign to delete and click on "Delete this record" / Or check the box of each store to delete, select the three-point menu and select "Delete"
Be careful not to delete listings that have already been validated.
From Google Maps
- Open Google Maps
- Find the establishment and suggest a modification
- Select "This place is permanently closed or never existed" and the "Duplicate" pattern, then send.